DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

April 26, 2012

My Summer Reading List

It seems like I have been slipping into a daydream so easily recently! You're probably familiar with the situation: overwhelmed with work, everything is loud and chaotic, people are stressed. It all makes for me to easily drift off into a daydream and I, of course, start thinking of the summer to come. Fully aware that we only have 25 days of school left, my patience and my students' patience is wearing thin, but we're trying to hang on for the sake of keeping each other smiling.

Today I couldn't help but think about all the books I want to tackle this summer for pleasure. I am not hiding away from the fact that I am going to be doing a LOT of school work this summer. There's pretty much no way around it as we transition away from our Maryland state curriculum and into the Common Core curriculum throughout the next year. Next year is absolutely going to be a transition year, but it should be no surprise to you, that I am eager to get a leg up on the process and start working now, so it's not so much of a burden in the future. That's how I am--I plan ahead and work ahead all the time.

So, realizing that summer is going to be tricky to balance work and rest, I started making a list of books I definitely want to read over the summer. It includes books I've already read, but want to re-read, and books that are recent publications that have been sitting on my bookshelf for far too long without my attention.


I really don't get into any kind of romance, paranormal reading, but I do love me some good, classic Americana reading. I think each of these books can fit into that category except for A Game of Thrones. It truly isn't something I would normally pick up, but due to the hype of the TV show and me always wanting to read the book first, I figured why not?

I've seen a lot of bloggers posting about their summer reading lists recently like Mandy over at Miss Indie and I am in LOVE with the new Literate & Stylish series from Dani Hampton on Sometimes Sweet.

What are you reading these days? Have you been making a to-read pile/list?

If you're interested in other posts about books go here or if you want to keep tabs on what I'm currently reading, go here

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment